Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Reels of Time

Hi! My friend Karen set this site up for me a long time ago, and it has taken me this long to make my way to it!  Somehow, and I'm not entirely sure how it happened, I found myself recommending movie "jems"(a play on gems and my name - Jeenu) to my friends and family. Movies I found to be entertaining, thought provoking, chick flicky, or child appropriate. Movies that I thought others really needed to see. Their response might be different than mine, but at least I knew there would be a response.

So here I am with a blog site, where I can write about what I love to do - watch movies! Ever since I was  a young child, I could get lost in a movie. For a brief period, I was transported out of my life to other places and lives, some that spoke to me in a personal way, some in an intellectual or emotional way, and others that just entertained me!

With this blog, I hope to bring to your attention a variety of different kinds of movies. Some may have subtitles (a phase I am going through right now), some may give you a glimpse into a real life event, some may make you want to dance and move your head from side to side (Bollywood films), and some might have all the ladies sighing with pleasure (commonly know as "chick flicks"), and others might be ones you can watch with your children without worrying about content. Then there are those that will inspire you and motivate you to want to get up and do something for the betterment of humanity, or perhaps really pursue that dream you gave up on. Movies offer so much more than just pure entertainment, though that is their main objective, they can also offer a little bit of hope, laughter, a touch of joy, and sometimes a good hearty cry.

Well, I hope you enjoy the movies that I recommend on this site, and also hope to hear what you thought of them yourself. In the meantime - Happy Viewing!

Jeenu :)




No comments:

Post a Comment